Multimodal transportation means using a variety of carriers (sea, road, rail transport, airfreight) under a single forwarding agreement between a customer and a forwarder. The through route of such a shipment is called the “transport and logistic chain” for the shipment of goods using “door-to-door” solution.
Multimodal transportation requires consistency and coordination at every stage of transportation. Because the delivery from the producer to the customer is carried out using different types of transport, there are few companies that can afford to employ specialized staff for each stage.
With highly qualified employees with expertise in every kind of transport, as well as a worldwide network of shipping agents, Albacor Shipping provides combined freight services by supporting all types of transport and maintaining an efficient and reliable delivery system.
● building an efficient supply chain;
● transport of oversized and overweight cargo, combining different types of carriers;
● efficient door-to-door delivery (with the additional use of rail and road transport);
● multimodal container transportation:
● standardized 20 and 40-foot containers, high cube and euro pallet containers, containers for cargo within loading gage and general cargo;
● 20 and 40-foot open top containers for general cargo that exceeds height clearance;
● 20 and 40-foot flat rack containers for general cargo that exceeds height and width clearances;
● LCL – less-than-container load;
● multimodal delivery using roll-on/roll-off vessels;
● multimodal delivery of break bulk cargo;
● oversight of timely delivery, preparation and shipment of goods;
● port forwarding;
● transporting cargo from port;
● handling of transit cargo;
● monitoring and coordinating terminal operators, dockworkers, tally clerks, and other agents servicing cargo;
● receipt, handling, transshipping and storing cargo in Russian and international ports;
● customs clearance in Russian ports and other destinations of the Russian Federation;
● customized service and flexible pricing.
Albacor Shipping’s subcontractors are major international forwarding agents without a presence in Russia, established sea lines (ACL, APL, CMA CGM, Evergreen, Hapag Lloyd, MSC, Maersk, OOCL, Zim and others), as well as minor sea lines (Unifeeder, Seagoline, Finnlines and others) offering short sea services.
Direct contracts with Russian Railways and the owners of rolling stock, railway stations, container terminals, customs warehouse and road carriers provide for efficient and reliable freight transportation in accordance with the requirements and interests of our customers.